Worker safety is a mandatory requirement in today’s industry. Belt Conveyor Guarding prides itself on supplying customized safety guarding products and solutions that protect workers. Belt Conveyor Guarding is a pioneer in the North American machine safety guarding industry and has evolved into a preferred turnkey custom guarding provider. Our innovative products are worker-friendly and can be quickly installed to minimize downtime. Belt Conveyor Guarding is synonymous with Safety, Quality and Ingenuity.
SAFETY GUARDING IS OUR BUSINESS
Belt Conveyor Guarding Solutions will benefit you by…
- Eliminating workplace injuries
- Decreasing fines, citations and costly shutdowns
- Having an ergonomic approach to the design of our guards
- Extending the life of your equipment
- Improving your productivity
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA, MSHA and CSA Standards
- Conforming to ANSI b11 performance requirements for design, construction, installation, operation and maintenance of safeguarding
Mining & Minerals, Power Generation, Steel, Asphalt, Cement, Elevators, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, and Water & Waste Water
Benefits of having a Guarding Assessment04/05/2017
Establish exactly what you need
- Obtain a high level overview of the risk potential of your entire facility.
- Identify the existing risk level for each item of equipment.
- Receive a comprehensive written report with recommendations to eliminate or reduce the identified risks to acceptable levels to comply with regulatory and industry standards.
- Extra unnecessary guards = extra costs up front as well as ongoing costs.
- Weed out “gimmicky” products that won't solve your problem.
Conveyor High Risk Zone Checklist04/05/2017
Use this checklist to assess your conveyor hazards and to prioritize your action plans. For each zone listed, assess your risk rating using the following guidelines:
- A = Area is unguarded, hazardous conditions exist and guarding is required for compliance
- B = Area that requires frequent maintenance or clean out and guarding needs upgrading
- C = Guarding exists but should be improved for compliance
- D = Not applicable or no hazards exist
Ergonomics and Guarding04/05/2017
How do Ergonomics relate to Guarding?Defined - Ergonomics is matching the job to the worker and the product to the user. Ergonomic hazards refer to workplace conditions that pose the risk of injury to the musculoskeletal system of the worker. Ergonomic hazards include repetitive and forceful movements, vibration, temperature extremes, and awkward postures that arise from improper methods and improperly designed workstations, tools, and equipment.Read More
The functionality of equipment guarding is often overlooked when guarding is purchased or fabricated and is the leading cause of guarding not being reinstalled and/or preventative maintenance not being carried out. The following is a list of factors to be considered before guards are fabricated and installed:Read More
Wedge Clamps – The Ultimate Fasteners04/05/2017
- How do you hang and fasten your guards - Nuts & Bolts?
- Do you have guards missing because somebody didn’t put them back on?
- Do you want to reduce your downtime and maintenance costs?
- Have you ever lost or misplaced your guard mounting hardware?
WEDGE CLAMPSRead More
Wedge Clamps in conjunction with Tie Wraps DO satisfy the requirement of needing a "Tool to Remove" a Guard.By using a wedge clamp, the fixed guard is held firmly in position. The tie wrap is fastened securely around the shaft of the wedge clamp as not to allow a worker to disengage the wedge clamp without using a tool to remove the tie wrap. This tool could be side cutters or wire cutters. The ONLY intention of the tie wrap is to not allow the worker to disengage the wedge clamp without a tool. The tie wrap at no time will be supporting the weight or carrying the load of the guard!Read More
What to Look For In a Guarding Company04/05/2017
Seven Things to Look For In a Guarding Company
- Does the company have a guarding philosophy? What is the principle behind their design? Do their products conform to industry standards? Test out their theory. Is it “bullet proof”? Is their theory consistent with all products? Ask to see the standards that support their designs.
- Does the company specialize in Guarding? What type of guards do they specialize in? Does their specialty match your requirements?
Maximize Your ROI with Guarding04/05/2017
When talking about guarding the most important aspect is, is the guarding system properly protecting your workers from the danger behind it? Something that should be looked at when deciding on the guarding system that you are going to use is the return on investment (ROI). Most times the ROI is overlooked when a guarding system is being selected. Some reasons for this are:
- You have had an injury and guarding is needed in the area right away.
- An inspection has taken place and some types of fines have been given. Again guarding is need right away.
Please view these diagrams of the different mounting options available. Horizontal Drive Floor Mount Horizontal Drive Floor Mount Basic V-Belt Drive with Custom Mount Basic V-Belt Drive with Custom Mount (Inverse Orientation) Basic V-Belt Drive with Custom Mount with Pivot Motor BaseRead More